May 2014 has seen network provider EE launch a new service selling refurbished mobile phone handsets, called Good As New. The service allows you to buy handsets and tablets that have previously been returned within 14 days as unwanted items. So you get a product that is just 2 weeks old at a fraction of the price of a brand new one, with monthly tariffs being at least £5 cheaper than the comparable alternative with a new handset. What’s more, the products are all tested, inspected and reset by EE, and are shipped with their standard packaging, charger, accessories, etc. And for peace of mind they all come with their original manufacturers warranty. So there’s no downside!
Examples of the handsets and tablets available on Good As New include:
- Sony Xperia SP: £18.99 with no upfront costs (£5 monthly saving)
- Samsung Galaxy S4: £29.99 with no upfront costs (£49.99 upfront saving)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini: £23.99 with no upfront costs (£6 monthly saving)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 3: £94.99 on Pay As You Go with £10 top up (£45 saving)
- iPad Air 16GB Silver: £31 per month plus £79 upfront (£5 monthly saving plus £20 upfront saving)